Saturday, September 6, 2014

My first day in my fur-ever home

Note to reader: words in ( ) are by my dad. All other words are by me, Ethel Beagle.

Today I met my new dad. He came down with a friend and a small and playful dog. My foster mom, Lori, was talking to this young man about adopting me.

So while I played with my 4-legged friends, the paperwork was filled out for me to go to my new fur-ever home.

I was happy to leave but also missed Creighton. But I soon had fun. I got to go to a local pet store and sniff all those treats and food. I met a few nice humans who petted me. 

Then we continued the trip to a local park. There were all kinds of scents to smell and areas to explore. I even got my feet wet and went into a small, shallow creek. This park was big. The other dog went swimming but I was not interested. Too many grasses and flowers to sniff.

Then we had a small lunch and stopped at another pet store. There I got an engraved tag that has my name on it. My new dad also had me fitted with a cool walking harness, which I love!

From there we want home. First a short snooze at Mr. Jeff's house. I was loved on and petted by my new dad.

 I tried some of his dogs food and loved it. Then off to try his sofa. The sofa was comfy!

But this sofa at my new fur-ever home is even more softer! There is this soft, blue blanket on it and I really like to snuggle on it.

 I had a good dinner and then took a doggy nap on it right away after exploring my new home.

A few minutes ago we just came back from doing a walk down to a pine tree covered park by the railroad. I watched a choo-choo train go by! (Ethel stopped and watched the train go by) Then a little pit stop and off to take in all these new smells. I smelled squirrel, chipmunk, mouse, and other dogs. 

Now back home and I got this raw hide treat. I only ate half of it.

Then back on the sofa for a nap before bed.


Good Night!



No comments:

Post a Comment